General Category > AN Issues

Medications you should not take after stereotactic radiotherapy ??

(1/3) > >>

kat:
Hi everyone

This morning I visited my GP about a recurrent indigestion problem and was amazed when he said that he could not prescribe a certain medication because I had had GK and it would affect the brain ! Stupidly enough I have now forgotten what the medication was called . Maybe some of the brainier An ers on this site who have done research into this might enlighten me and all of us on this subject .

Regards Kat

Palace:
 :'(

Kat,

Holy Tornado, please find out the answer to that from your GP.  Make a call and let us know!  (ASAP)

Thank you,

Palace

kat:
Hi Palace

I know that it sounds grazy ! What I will do tomorrow is to contact Sheffield where I had my GK and ask them since the GP I saw today was not my usual GP and after a fairly disappointing consultation with him I do not really wish to talk to him untill I find out from the people in Sheffield if there is any truth in this matter . I have not got the date wrong ! This is not an April fool ! Honest !

Regards Kat   

Palace:
Dear Kat,

I'd contact your radiation doctor about this matter, as well.

Please keep us posted,

Palace

Palace:
Kat,

I was told not to take any supplements for six months after radiation.  (told by my radiation doctor)  I have two more mo. to go.  I made my aud. appt. today.  I'm awaiting a FAX back for my MRI (OK) slip to schedule it locally.  (then another consultation with Stanford)  You could always ask your question on the Rad. forum.  (type it in) 

http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/forum/

Pal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version