Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

Concentration Issues

(1/4) > >>

Captain Deb:
I'm not sure if my lack of concentration is from the meds I take for headache and depression (Neurontin, Topamax, Celexa) or they are a result of my mid-fossa surgery 5 years ago. I'm thinking both. It is so bad that it is one of the issues that lead to my qualifying for Disability Benefits and thank God, Medicare. I used to be able to crank out a large landcape painting in 2 weeks and now a medium sized one takes months.

You should see me clean house. I start in the bathroom, and then I go to the kitchen to get something and get sidetracked doing something there and forget about the bathroom, and on and on........... and the house stays a wreck!

Capt Deb

tenai98:
hehe Capt Deb, I do the same...get side tracked and I havent had any treatment as of yet!!!!...I believe its called multi tasking...lol...but then nothing ever gets done... ;)

JO

Brendalu:
Darn, I wondered why I never get my house done!  Now I know and I can tell my husband it isn't my fault!!

Brenda

saralynn143:
Captain Deb,

Medications can absolutely cause concentration problems. I was on Carbatrol (an anti-seizure medication) to try to control my hemifacial spasm. It made me forget words in mid-sentence -- not good for a writer. I told my neurologist about it and he insisted it was not caused by the medication. I told my friends about it and they just laughed at me and told me I was getting older. I KNEW it was the medication, and after my surgery when I discontinued the Carbatrol, the problem went away. Turns out I was right after all! Imagine that.

Before the Carbatrol I was on a series of other medications, including both Neurontin and Topamax. Each of them caused me some brain fog, but Carbatrol was definitely the worst.

Sara

Brendalu:
In my opinion, and it is only that, I went off all of my meds for three months, a really dumb move, but I was tired of being tied to the bottled, so to speak.  My brain was still foggy and confused and I couldn't remember things that are a little easier with the meds.  I take 120 mg Cymbalta, 120 mg Straterra, 200 Topomax, 2.5 Premarin, and a host of other things for lymph edema and of course my Lipitor.  I started back on the junk a couple of weeks ago and slowly eased back into it, slowly upping the dosage under the doc's supervision and am doing much better.  Brain is still in a fog, but at least it is a semi happy fog!
Brenda

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version