General Category > AN Issues

AN and MS?

(1/2) > >>

red:
I can't quite believe this is possible, but the nueor oto called back to say that he needed to have a full  brain MRI because of some "non specific white matter"  He said that he is supicious of ms.  The report says that there is "scattered nonspecific foci of deep white matter change anteriorly"  I have no idea what this means.  He goes in to get a full brain mri on thursday.  Any thoughts?

red

Battyp:
Red tell them we said they are not allowed to find anything else wrong!
Did they not do a full mri the first time? 
Keeping you guys in my prayers!

red:
Thanks for being out there batty!  I think you're right out plate is full enough with a tiny an on it.  They only did mri on his internal auditory canal.  red

Kathleen_Mc:
red: I was actually being worked up for MS diagnosis and they found my AN when I had the CAT scan to make the MS diagnosis....
Kathleen

Brendalu:
Red,

I have MS and am fourteen and a half months post op for AN trans lab.  It makes the balance problems harder to deal with and it makes life interesting.  My MS was first symptomatic (SP)ten years ago, but then the signs of an AN were there then too.  I had an MRI of my brain after a head on collison and the radiologist said there was a "shearing" of the brain right where my AN was removed.  The CT showed gliosis and then I had further tests and was diagnosed with MS.  I walk like a drunk and sometimes talk like one and now that I am SSD  don't have to listen to myself so I live with it.  There are now lots of treatments for MS and episodes are fewer and further between.  I use a walker or cane on bad days and have a scooter if it gets really bad.  I will keep you in my prayers that whatever your diagnosis is that you have the best care and a positive outcome.
BrendaO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version