General Category > AN Issues

4th ventricle???

(1/4) > >>

amylynn:
The Otologist that I had a consult with said that I have a  compressed 4th ventricle.  What does this mean?  I looked in Gray's Anatomy and am confused.   Neuro-nurse??   Anyone?????

Obita:
amylynn:

CF fluid flows through the ventricles.  Which does what, I was not clear on so I found a easy to read ventricle explaination:

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/vent.html

Hope this helps.  I have a hard time understanding real doctor lingo so I like this site.

Kathy

flier58:
Hi Amylynn,
The name of the ex-neuro nurse is tcrnko.  Send him/her personal message?
Flier58

Gennysmom:
An Otologist at house?  If it was completely compressed I think they'd have concerns about hydrocephalus and you'd be having at least shunt surgery right away...I'd be surprised if that was the case at 2.5 cm.  CSF flows freely in your cerebral area, flowing up to the top, down through the ventricles and out the 4th ventricle through a small tube and the cycle starts all over again, kind of like a smaller version of blood circulation.  The 4th ventricle is a chamber area in your brain.  The people who I've seen on here with a completely compressed 4th have been more at the 4-5 cm range.  You're scheduled for house, I'd check with them about that if it wasn't them who said it.  

amylynn:
I re- read the doc's notes, I need to make a clarification, he said the 4th ventricle is "flattened".  Sorry.  Thank you for all of your helpful input and it was not an otologist at House.  However, it was in the referral he sent to House.  I got a copy of it on Saturday.

Thanks again: Gennysmom, Flier58 and Obita   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version