General Category > AN Issues

going for mri for infection

(1/1)

lmurray69:
I thought when they do surgery they remove the mastroids , the dr thinks i have infection in there. he also said that 1 in 20 return.. If one cell is left it can cause problems.. I am dizzy , double vision and very tired. I sleep alot.  Just walking a little get me so tired.. I dont know if it is from the surgery or what it did start till jan I had surgery in nov 06.. It seems lake a short itme to me..bu the headaches are really bad. pressure in the head on AN side,,

Omaschwannoma:
Hi,

Just curious as to what "mastroids" means?  Or is this a typo which I can do alot?  In any case, did you mean to type "mastoid"? 

Jim Scott:
I'm pretty certain that she is referring to the mastoid bone, which is a part of the skull, just behind the ear, about where AN surgery is done. 

Mastoiditis is often a consequence of a middle ear infection that spreads to the mastoid bone. One obvious symptom is when the skin behind the ear turns red and in some cases, the ear will 'drain'.  Headaches are also common with this condition.  A skull X-ray or CT scan is used to confirm a  diagnosis of mastoiditis.  The usual treatment is with antibiotics, which is generally successful.  However, surgical drainage of the middle ear may sometimes be necessary.  If untreated, mastoiditis can spread infection throughout the body and can have very dire consequences.  It cannot be ignored.

Although she seems to be experiencing AN-like symptoms,  a re-growth this quickly after surgery (6 months) is probably not the cause of this lady's problems.  However, a case of mastoiditis might be the culprit.  I almost hope so, for her sake.

Jim

Omaschwannoma:
Thank you Jim for the very interesting information on mastoiditis.  My 81-year old father just informed me he had this when he was around five-years old with pneumonia as a result of ignoring symptoms.  Surgery was performed on him and all went well.  lmurray, I hope mastoiditis is your diagnosis and not AN return and antibiotics kicks it quick. 

ppearl214:
linda, I am SO hoping you feel better soon. What did the MRI show?

HUGGLES!!!

Phyl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version