General Category > AN Issues

think positive

(1/2) > >>

brasher:
hello all,
i truly hope everyone out there is doing well.   

i got depressed the other week as i was thinking about all of the things i couldn't do anymore.........hit a homerun, sail across an ocean, hike up a mountain....!!!!.....

brasher:

--- Quote from: brasher on May 02, 2007, 12:55:45 am ---hello all,
i truly hope everyone out there is doing well.   

i got depressed the other week as i was thinking about all of the things i couldn't do anymore.........hit a homerun, sail across an ocean, hike up a mountain....!!!!.....

--- End quote ---

er:
For myself,
I do the same

brasher:
so then i started thinking about everything i could do,, with my new life and second chance...

who cares that my face is paralyzed...my friends and family don't....and i guess i don't anymore either..we are more concerned with how i feel, ...not how i look!

think of me as a one year old with thirty five years of knowledge and perspective............. i cant wait until i am 2 or 3,..who knows what will be possible then!!

if you really think about it, we probably dont have to look very far to find others whom have it worse off than us.

sincerely, and God bless

tony

Omaschwannoma:
Tony,

I too have given thought to what I could not do post surgery vs what I could pre surgery.  Is it as exciting as crossing oceans, hike up mountains, hit home runs?  Maybe, if you allow it your new life can be just as exciting.  Same as you allowed yourself to cross an ocean, hike up a mountain and hit a home run.  These were the perceptions of excitement to you then.  What is your perception of excitement now post surgery not pre surgery, but post?  Our perceptions of our life depend on our ability to accept ourselves now.  Like sailing, you do not want to stall in the water nor do you want to lose ground, but always move forward.  It's the challenge that keeps us interested and searching!  May you be peaceful, happy and healthy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version