General Category > Hearing Issues

Please share your pre & post-treatment hearing loss stories

<< < (3/3)

stevehernes:
i don’t know how bad my hearing loss is but i have tinnitus and sometimes it makes me unable to hear out of one or both ears for around 15-30 seconds.. i have a doctor’s appt soon so i will talk to him about my hearing but i’ve always assumed my hearing loss was very mild but after some research i’m not quite sure. Good think is that i already know where i can do hearing aid repair, cause my dad found a reliable guys who do it.

james e:
Well, I have a funny story. I own an African Grey Parrot and they mimic voices. Actually the parrot owns me. He is totally attached to me and mimics my voice exactly. Not knowing I had an AN, he picked up on me saying “what did you say?”

I had no idea I was saying what did you say so often. I was almost totally deaf in my bad ear and he picked up on it pretty fast. I had a traslab since there was no hearing to save.

I started trying to get him to say “Yahoo, dad’s home.” Every time I walked in after work he started yelling Yahoo, dad’s home.

donjehle:
That's hilarious!  I broke out in laughter.  If I had an African Grey Parrot, I'm sure it would also pick up on "What did you say?"  I sure say it enough!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version