Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

loud noise/increased tinnitis

(1/3) > >>

goinbatty:
Several days ago, I accidently banged 2 glass dishes together and immediately could sense something in the AN ear.  Since then, the tinnitis is louder.  I've used an earplug during the day but that is actually more annoying because I notice the tinnitis even more.  I certainly hope it lessens soon.  My 6 mo MRI is coming up and this occurring makes me a little more on edge than I already was.  Has anyone had this happen from a sudden loud noise?  By the way, it doesn't hurt and there is no pressure.  Just loud tinnitis and occasionally it's a loud crackling sound like someone crumbling up a piece of paper. 

goinbatty:
Thanks for replying so quickly.  It helps to know someone else has experienced this.  I keep telling this little alien in my head that it's time to fly back to Mars but so far no luck.  Got to keep a sense of humor about all of this or I'll go nuts.  Thanks again. 

Windsong:
if I am in an underground garage and the fans are on it's nutso tinnitus in my head, with disorientation, plus if any "muscle car" drives by down there, I am in pain... it's awful...... as for any  car that is around with very loud stereo on, that's when i wish i had a rapid exit for 2 miles away......

this is only something i noticed in the last 2-3 yrs not before.....

Betsy:
Sadly, the sound of ice in the blender can set my tinnitus off.  No more nectarine daiquiris for me!  Just as well... I don't need to be drinking when my balance is bad anyway.  The booming/screeching/wibbling of the MRI machine does it too.

I'm going to Radio Shack this weekend for a pair of those sound canceling headsets.  I'll let you know how they work.

Betsy

Sam Rush:
FYI  AN ers with hyperacusis tinnitus.
I am experimenting on myself with a pink noise CD I bought on the hyperacusis network. They have a support group similar to this one.

Anyway, they claim that pink noise will attenuate hyperacusis type tinnitus. It seems similar to white noise, but coarser. I put it on my IPOD and listen for an hour at a time with my good ear and the volume turned up.

Will keep this site posted with what my experience with this turns out to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version