Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Showing Improvement

(1/3) > >>

Jeanlea:
My face must be looking better than it did in the beginning.  Today I was walking down the hall and one of my former students said to me, "Your tumor is looking better."  LOL  I'm taking that to mean that my face looks better to him.  I can even make a little smile if I'm not frowining at my students.  LOL

Jean

Jeanlea:
Hi Boppie,

Yes, my photo is post-op.  I need to put another soon.  That is from around New Year's.  My smile is even a bit better now.

I do leave the battery in, but I open the case on my TransEar when I put it in the Dry 'n Store for the night.  I just ordered another set of bricks for it.  Looks like better ones are coming out in the summer, but mine is nearly gone now.

I'm finding the biggest difference to be the amount of time that the Radioshack batteries last.  Haven't tried Duracell yet.  I bougtht a 16 pack and haven't gone through it yet.  Does your TransEar beep when your battery is dead or nearly dead?

Jean

nancyann:
Jean:  I just logged on & of course go to 'facial issues' & there's your post - GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!  Love to start my day with this info.  Keep the faith  my friend.
Always good thoughts,  Nancy

Boppie:

--- Quote from: Jeanlea on May 22, 2007, 06:31:59 pm ---My face must be looking better than it did in the beginning.  Today I was walking down the hall and one of my former students said to me, "Your tumor is looking better."  LOL  I'm taking that to mean that my face looks better to him.  I can even make a little smile if I'm not frowining at my students.  LOL

Jean

--- End quote ---

Did you do retraining exercises for your face?  I know you are a busy person with your teaching.  Looking great.  Thanks for encouraging us!

marg:
Hi,   I just had surgery on May 14th.  They had to scrape the tumor off my facial nerve.... and now the left side of my face is  'paralized' although I can feel everything  on that isde.  My eye only closes about  1/3 of the way when I blink .. although I can make it close when I close my right eye all the way. I keep putting gel in my eye and drops.... but my focus is off and it sure makes it hard to navigate with the other balance issues I am trying to deal with.  Could someone tell me about the gold weight in the eye............... does it help a lot... and how do they put it in....is it an in office thing or are you out for the procedure?   I really want to protect my eye.  Also could an eye dr. do it or should I go back to my neursurgeon?   Thanks,  marg  p.s. it sure is hard to see this little print when I'm trying to write !   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version