Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

when does the numbness go away?

(1/2) > >>

brasher:
hi out there!

i know the left side of my head has been through a lot recently.i understand that it could be 6 months or longer for the graft procedure to start combatting the paralysis. i am just curious when i can expect to start having feeling in my face?

hope everyone is doing ok

tony

Jeanlea:
Hi Tony,

I'm 18 months post-op and I still have facial numbness.  Some days it feels like there may be areas where it is lessening.  I've had friends who've had numbness from other things and they said it can take up to two years.  I don't think anyone knows.  I have sort of gotten used to it.  Hope yours goes away quicker.

Jean

nancyann:
Hi Tony  (& Jean - always a pleasure !):  I don't have the facial numbness (the way I checked was to pinch, slap that side of my face & I can feel it - nuts, huh?).
                                                        Since your nerve was severed, as was mine, I am having routine facial EMGs - the 1st one was 4 months post op, no nerve
                                                        generation; the 2nd one was 7 months out, showed 10-15% nerve generation, but still no movement.  I'll be having my
                                                        3rd EMG 5/29.   Hopefully your docs will order the EMGs - it's routine to do them pre nerve graft.  If they show nerve
                                                        generation they'll hold off on the nerve graft.
                                                        I was scared re: the graft, didn't want any more surgeries, but since hearing that Denise & Chris are having great results,
                                                        I'm feeling better about it.
Take care Tony & nice to meet you, Nancy

brasher:
hey nancy,

no one has mentioned facial EMG's to me yet. ??
    the docs were very happy with the results of the graft, however. so hopefully i will see good results someday.
man, that surgery hurt though, i was in quite a bit of pain after that one!
i am assuming that the numbness will go away before i am able to move that side of my face yeah?

Obita:
Hi Tony:

I wanted to let you know that I saw Denise on Sunday after not seeing her for two months.  WOW was all I could say and I couldn't quit hugging her.  The results of the 12/7 jump are incredible.  It was a long wait for things to start happening, but it did happen.   ;D  Boy, did it happen!!

Hang in there Tony,

-Kathy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version