Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Neal made it thru but still not computer wizard!

(1/2) > >>

neal r. lyons:
Greetings for the the Seton House!  Here I go again.  I just lost 1 hour of posting but here we go. 
     My wonderful sister and we  just checked into the Seton Guest House yesterday as they have been full.  Get your res. in early if you are coming to the House Ear Clinic.  Tomorrow(friday) it will be 1 week since my Translab surgery at about 1:30 pm the 22nd.  I'm both greatful and happy to have it behind me! 
the surgery was about 5 and 1/2 hours, 3 and a half of which was the tumor removal by the Dr. Mark Schwartz.   Dr. Kutz   made the incision and Dr. Brackmann worked his way to the tumor.
     It was alittle painful to talk much upon entering ICU but a wonderful feeling to hold my niece's hand.  Dr. Brackmann visited me the following morning and informed me that mine was a tough one- sticky with lots of facial nerve stretching.  He said in my case I may not recover fully.  But hey -I'll take what I get.  Were talking about facial nerve recovery.  I'll see Dr. Brackmann om Monday morning the 2nd, get my stitches out, get another contact for my right eye from Dr. Roberts which I will continue to iriigate and replace periodically, and finally see Dr. Stephan, my internist, before likely being released back into the world.  My sister (what a pair-her with her newly dislocated and my designated driver!  she's doing okay now  i just have to keep her in her sling.  We'll be on our way back to wash. state via Vegas and then it's just wait and see how my recovery goes before i make a decision to get back to Alaska to resume work.  I would recommend House to anyone.  We've met wonderful people here-stories abound.  I know that my facial nerve recovery is an issue for me but i'm happy that it did remain intact!
     It's refreshing to read about positive results i,ve been reading this morning!  I,ll update again before Sis and I leave.  I may be able to offer some info on the gold weight implant.  I already did actually, but that and more vanished into cyber space right before my eyes which a single ill-placed stroke on what is at times my absolute worst enemy the computer!  God bless and I'll be looking for more news on my coposties!  Neal YAHOO!

krbonner:
Congratulations!  You certainly sound chipper and upbeat for having just had skull surgery.  Get lots of rest and may you have a smooth, uneventful recovery!

Katie

Quailruner:
Thats great news, I also had Brackmann back in December. He did an excellent job.
Hope your road to recovery is swift.
Take Care.

Kenn A.

Captain Deb:
Congrats, Neal!
Welcome to "Postie-world." Yes House is the best. I met a couple there that are sailors like me and they've been houseguests and I know will be friends for life. I actually met her through the forum here before we even got to House.
 So rest, walk,and get as much sleep as you can for now. Don't hesitate to post any questions for any of us either.
We're here for ya, dude!

Be well,
Capt Deb 8)

neal r. lyons:
Good day folks!  Thanks for the replies.  Went to the store with big Sis yesterday-a mile or so and got a little dizzy from the ride.  I was definitely trying to think about doing more than I should be attempting right now.  I even suggested yesterday(before the store trip) that we take a nice little drive to the beach, but have slipped into a lower gear.  We'll have a 5 hr. drive to Las Vegas come Monday.  I know that post-op dizziness is case by case.  I'm a little apprehensive about the ride but will see what Dr. Brachmann says.  Would appreciate your thoughts.    Thanks, Neal     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version