General Category > AN Issues

Cost of my AN

(1/3) > >>

Sefra22:
Today I went through all my insurance statements for the last year. I added up every single Dr.'s appointment, test, and procedure, which concerned the AN. I went back to Jan. '06, when I first saw my PCP about the sudden hearing loss and "plugged" feeling. I included the 2 consultations I had with the first ENT I saw who misdiagnosed me, as well as the two visits to a local neurosurgeon when I was considering surgery. I know I will still have to have more MRI's and such, but to date the bills came to just under $85,000. My insurance paid just under $65,000, and my out of pocket was $450. The bulk of the bill was for the treatment itself, including my one night hospital stay which was $68,515.  :o
Lisa

ppearl214:
Lisa,

I'm afraid to even begin to add up the total bills and such.... but for the money spent on your AN.... amazing.  Your out of pocket was terrific for all that was endured.....

BTW, the next brunch in Worcester is Aug 5... thread in AN Community noting it... do hope you can join us this time....

Phyl

Rc Moser:
Initial cost--after I found out and getting it removed with followups---  around $170,000  was billed to insurance They agreed to pay 128,000 and the hospital wrote the rest off.  I paided out of pocket which included followup appointments about 2 to 3 grand. :) 

Real cost of an??? Years of suffering, years of missed work, health issues, and  overtime then and in the future. probably 100K  or more for me. :-\

Pembo:
You sure have great insurance if you're out of pocket was only $2k.  The year of surgery our out of pocket was over $4000!!!

Jeanlea:
I'm SUPER grateful for my insurance.  Both of my hospital stays and all that was done then was covered 100%.  My only cost was 10% of a few doctor and PT visits.  I never added it all, but it was around $100,000.  If I didn't have insurance I would have been bankrupt.

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version