General Category > AN Issues

Excellent essay in The Guardian by an AN sufferer

<< < (2/4) > >>

Susan59:

Thanks for posting the link. I really enjoyed the article. So many things resonated with me!  I hope she is doing well.

Crazycat:
Trent,

Just saw this. I can relate to so much of it! Thanks for turning me on!

Guess that qualifies me as a vapid, uninteresting boor; but then again, if I hadn't gone through having a huge tumor and several
surgeries, I probably wouldn't understand what she was talking about either.

Wow........

ANGuy:

--- Quote from: Crazycat on January 21, 2015, 11:09:59 pm ---
if I hadn't gone through having a huge tumor and several
surgeries, I probably wouldn't understand what she was talking about either.

Wow........

--- End quote ---

Or, having seen human suffering, true human suffering, having met survivors of the Nazi death camps, having performed CPR on a dying child with his mother, having met some of the greatest, most accomplished people in our time, having dug through the rubble of a terror attack that killed nearly 3,000 innocent people with your bare hands, maybe after having some of those experiences, this woman's daily activities might not seem so significant. 

MAybe if her writing style was a little less focused on her, she would be more readable, and would attract a larger audience.  But, maybe that wasn't her goal.

keithmac:
Isn't this thread now going rather off-topic?  :-\

Jill Marie:
Just because her surgery wasn't in the top 10 or 20 worse things that can happen to a person it doesn't mean she shouldn't write about how it affects HER!  She didn't know what the outcome would be, that's scary!  I would assume most people are thinking mainly of themselves right before the surgery as they are the one going through it.  When you reach that point yourself and are no longer in watch and wait, please feel free to write your feelings.  I'm sure there are people that are willing to read what you say no matter what it is or if they agree, hopefully they won't feel the need to make negative comments about what you write.  Jill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version