Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

baha

(1/1)

utopia:
i need a bone anchored hearing aids soon and not looking forward tot he surgery can any one help thats been thro this experience

luv2teachsped:
utopia:
 I had my BAHA implant April 18,2007.I was awake during the entire surgery, which was only about 30-45 minutes long. The only thing I can actually complain about is I had severe headaches for about a month.  Yet, I have a friend who also had her Baha implant 3 weeks ago, and never a headache. You will have to keep the wound site clean, and they will give you a little brush to keep around the abutment clean. That's about it!  Here's a great web site, I found to be a tremendous help.www.baha-users-support.com/.I am scheduled to get my processor August 9,and can't wait.  I will get to start school (I am a 2nd grade teacher) with my BAHA.  Good Luck!  Let me know if I can help in any way. I'd be glad to talk. luv2teach

Pembo:
I had the Baha implant surgery in Sept 2005. I was put to sleep. I went into surgery around 9 am and was back home after an hour drive from the hospital by lunch time. I had a bad headache the first 24 hours and very mild headaches for the first few weeks, controllable with otc Tylenol. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

1wareagle:
I had my BAHA surgery in Jan. 07 and got the processor in April. It has been a great help. I am amazed at all I can hear with my finger in my good ear. Direction is still a problem and noisy enviroments too! If I can help with any questions just PM me.

Ellis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version