General Category > AN Issues

New guy

<< < (2/11) > >>

Director:
Golf Guy- I have a great article on Middle Fossa for our June newsletter. Let me know if you are not an ANA member and I can arrange to get you a copy. We will also have an article on observation (ANSydney!) in the September issue.
Allison
director@anausa.org

golfguy49:
rupert - yes, I play some golf but not as much as I used to.  I played 5 rounds in Phoenix last week on a buddies trip, and this balance issue definitely affects me.  I have not played since last fall when the symptoms were first coming on and were more guesswork, but I sure do notice it now.  Most people take for granted that they can stand perfectly still and the world remains steady as well.  It is a bit saddening to think things may never be the same again, but I also understand this is not the worst thing that could have happened.  After all, this could have happened to one my kids instead of me, and that would be far worse.

Greece Lover:
Welcome to the club.  One of the things you find on this site is people who tend to recommend the treatment option they've chosen, which makes sense.  Anecdotal stories are helpful, but are no substitute for your own discernment with your doctor.

That being said, I"ll offer my own anecdote.  I was quite similar in size and age to you and had middle fossa and I"m glad I did.  Saved hearing.  Recovery is not easy, but there's nothing I can't do today that I did two years ago.  And, I don't golf much, but I think it actually made me golf a little better!

Again, I'm biased, but if you're in Chicago, you might check out the University of Iowa.  Would only be about 4 hours from you and they are a high volume center with some of the best rates of hearing prevention in the world.  Worked for me!  Good luck!

mac84:
Golfguy, I'll go the other direction: Mine is 1.4CM and I still run 4 times a week and mountain bike. I have lost 50% of the hearing in that ear and have very loud tinnitus but have read to many bad stories on having the head cut open so will stay on the W/W as long as I can....getting MRI's each year. If I have to do something I'll opt for Gamma Knife.

But all this just underscores that everyone is different....affected differently and also affected by what they read. Some want it out right away, some are scared off from that.

You'll know what the right thing is for you once you read and study. Good luck sir!

Cary

ANSydney:

--- Quote from: Director on April 04, 2018, 06:46:30 am ---Golf Guy- I have a great article on Middle Fossa for our June newsletter. Let me know if you are not an ANA member and I can arrange to get you a copy. We will also have an article on observation (ANSydney!) in the September issue.
Allison
director@anausa.org

--- End quote ---
I look forward to the September newsletter. Observation is one area that I'd like to see more information on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version