General Category > AN Issues

tinnitus worse?

(1/2) > >>

am2lady:
When my ear rings, whatever I'm looking at shakes. Sometimes the ear buzzing/ringing is soft and other times it's really loud...that's when I experience whatever I'm looking at shakes. It's happening now as I'm typing.

Also, my balance seems to be worse. I couldn't even help my friend move furniture without feeling like I was about to fall over.

Anyone else exp. this?

Why does that happen?

stevehernes:
The risk of tinnitus was the reason I stopped going to live concerts. Even though I like all kinds of music, I mostly attended jazz concerts because the quality payout is the highest, but they can be extremely loud too because many are heavily electrified. About 25 years ago, after guitarist John Scofield's live performance, which was ear-drums-busting, I said to myself, "Enough of this." Now I can listen to all of his albums and many concerts on Spotify and YouTube at a much healthier sound level. Still, I started to check hearing aid store, as I can imagine needing hearing aids is going to be in a very near future.

Crazycat:
Are you kidding? Things got so bad for me just before my surgery if I was walking on even the slightest downhill incline I'd fall forward flat on my face if I stopped walking. Mind you I was in top physical condition at the time, trail running 5 miles a day. When it all hit critical mass after suffering years of increasing symptoms, I could barely put one foot in front of the other. I had to crawl up stairs and come down in a sitting position, one stair at a time. My head felt like a lead-lined helium balloon,
trailing above and behind my head, with convex vision, as looking through a fish-eyed lens. Oh, I had a wonderful time!

The funny part was I was a professional musician, gigging up to 6 nights a week, half-deaf, driving all over the place with double vision, equilibrium problems and crippling malaise. I still can't believe I survived (and this was around 20 years ago!).

Before I was officially diagnosed, nobody believed me when I complained about my symptoms, with some claiming, "it was all in my head".

But I'm okay now.......really ;-)

mwatto:
Crazycat I spent two years trying to convince doctors something was wrong- no symptoms but for earache and my ears looked healthy. Also told it was all in my head- an yeah it was! Eventually was reffered to audiologist told hearing fine- but could be something pressing on a nerve suggested ENt who said probably TMJ but lets get MRI...that was 5 years ago. The funny thing was I told the doctors over and over I suspected AN as had pulsitile tinnitus (gone now). My doctor said was gobsmacked I was right. But by then had grown to 2cm.

Crazycat:
That's quite a story Michele! Thanks for sharing.

In spite of the balked and delayed diagnosis, it seems you had a pretty good go of it, retaining 85%
of your hearing along with tumor reduction.

I know it can be rocky in the beginning. It took a couple of years before I got a straight answer from any of the doctors I had visited.

I hate to say it but although I had cultivated a deep respect and trust for the doctors I finally received treatment from, since that time that trust and respect has been dashed to pieces. I can thank the Covid debacle, big pharma and the government for orchestrating it all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version