Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Need insurance help!!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Obita:
Hi - I remember reading somewhere that some people had won their appeals when words like Device were used instead of Aid.  I wish they would change the name of the BAHA to BAHD. 

Good luck to you,  Kathy

ps:  If I remember where I read it, I will post again.

Obita:
Maelynn:

I found some old notes I had from a year ago when I was thinking of getting the BAHA.

Definition of hearing aid:  any device that amplifies sound

I don't think the BAHA actually amplifies sound, does it?  BAHA experts?

I am very glad Dr. Freidman is on your side.  You would think that if anyone could help get it approved, he could.  I am sure he knows by now how to word it correctly.

Good luck

manderson:
I have been using device but it is falling on "deaf ears"  :D.  Entific refers to the BAHA as a prothstesis which insurance does cover.  I will sent all my new info to them next week.  I will keep everyone posted.

Maelynn

Raydean:
Most insurance companies follow the lead of Medicare.  More often then not if Medicare covers something, insurance companies will follow Medicare lead.  I'm curious, knowing that Medicare now covers BAHA, what reason is your insurance company giving for denial?

best to you
Raydean

manderson:
Each time the insurance company comes back saying they dodn't cover hearing aids.  Each time I have explained that the BAHA is not an aid and that medicare covers them.  We will see what happens this time around.  I am going to be the thorn in their side that won't go away. ;)

Maelynn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version