General Category > AN Issues

Back on steriods

(1/1)

crystallady:
Hi everyone,

trying to get some info or figure out whats going on.  I got steriotatic radiosurgery, one time shot, on 5/22.  Had an mri 3.5 months later and my AN showed signs of shrinkage and necrosis after such a short time.   ;D  :D  I have very little sides effects since the radiation until about 3 weeks ago.  Thats when my head felt like it was going to explode.  The pressure was/is all over my head but worse in the facial area.  I dont have a sinus infection and my oncologist said that he  has had patience have swelling months later.  Well, he put me on prednisone which I took for a week.  After I got off it, 24 hours later the pressure was back full swing and I couldnt work.  The prednisone takes the edge off but doesnt get rid of it and its  much worse than it ever was. He wants me on it for 6 weeks.  Has anyone experienced this or have to go back on steriods?  I really hope this a short term thing.

Cindy

jb:
Hi Cindy,

I'm in a very similar situation to yours.  I'm only 5 weeks post CK though.  I had sudden hearing loss in my AN ear last week; it was the third time I've had it, but the first episode since CK.  I was put on 50 mg predisone for 5 days and then was supposed to taper off for 5 days.  My hearing improved, but as soon as I started the taper my hearing deteriorated again.  I went back to 50 mg and will check with the doc again on Monday.  Even though my hearing is better the fullness and tinnitus are worse than ever.  Arrghh!  I take my prednisone in the morning and some advil at night which seems to help a little.  I found a link on AN Archive about post-treatment steroids if you're interested: http://www.anarchive.org/steroids.htm
Looks like most were on steroids 3-7 weeks.

Good luck,
Jay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version