General Category > AN Issues

All the symptoms / Negative results

(1/2) > >>

Rebecca - arkofhope:
I have all the symptoms of an acoustic neuroma - my audiologist thought so, too. However my closed MRI w & w/o contrast showed that everything is normal.

So, what the heck do I do now?  Wait another year or 3, have another MRI to see if anything has grown bigger?
The first tumor I had in 1985 was a brain stem glioma/near the pons area. It was the size of a pea, and the way we found it is because it was on an optical nerve and making me see double when I looked to the side.

I don't want to go thru the gamma knife or brain surgery. But in an odd way, it's easier to deal with something that you can work with. 

I suppose it's a delightful thing knowing I can scare the neighborhood kids on Halloween with a slide show of my brain images ;) ;D ::) :o

Patch:
         GLAD YOUR MRI LOOKS GOOD. AS FOR WHAT TO DO, I'M SORRY TO SAY I DON'T REALLY KNOW.  GET FURTHER CHECK UPS TO SEE IF THEY CAN DETERMINE WHAT IS CAUSING YOUR SYMPTOMS.

MARK  OHIO

Mark H:
Rebecca,
it took several  MRI's before my AN's were finally diagnosed. I'e had tinnitus in both ears and kinds semi-shaky balance for years. The first few MRI's showed nothing. Then the next one they said there might just be something there but it was soo small to be sure. The next couple, yep, there's something there but we don't know what it is, they're still too small. Last year they were leaning towards calling them AN's, and this year I finally got the diagnosis. They are both still real small, about 2mm on each side. I've also got tumors in my neck and back, but they aren't bothering me too much yet either so I'm not spending any time worrying.  I could live without the aches and pains but I figure I'm on the real lucky side as far as being affected. My best advise would be to keep an eye on things, Maybe an MRI every year or 2.  Just keep a watch on your symptoms and if anything changes radically, get it checked out. ;D
Mark

Rebecca - arkofhope:
Yep, that's what I figured -- wait and see and continue mri's   :P
I'm being demoted.  After my 1985 brain stem tumor I graduated from an mri every 3 months / 6months / 1 year / 2 years...and then not having them.
Big fat bummer that I have to go back and take that darn course again. :(

matti:
Rebecca - Great idea using our MRI's on halloween, escpecially the one's showing eyeballs LOL

Cheryl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version