General Category > AN Issues

How do destress for your upcoming MRI?

(1/2) > >>

lori78:
Hey everyone,

Anyone ever live in their heads too much?  I am exactly 6 mos post Gamma Knife radiation TODAY, w my 6 mo. MRI coming up in three weeks, and another week to wait for the results.  One, the only symptom I EVER felt was vertigo, and rode a bike today, and would assume if that bad boy up there is still growing I'd feel more vertigo?  Did anyone get v BAD results from their first MRI 6 mo post MRI?  I just kind of want to know what to prepare for. My doc always said in young people like me, they tend to be pretty bad.....???

Also, any news on the antidepressant front?  I just feel like mine are not working.  I take Lexapro after trying two others....???  I just tend to cope badly and am worried my anxiety will go over the limit w this MRI.  The waiting....  fingers crossed for good news.  Again, I'm only 29 and trying to fumble thru grad school AND work.  doable before, but now I feel like I'm in over my head.

Lastly, if you DID get feeling back in your face, did it start out as itching?  I notice pain, itch, and numbness on my left side but no feelings of 'normal'.   Right now I think it's a sinus infection which is weird and miserable for my left AN side.Thoughts?  Thanks for your help on all of this.  I appreciate everyone's support!  Lori

Rebecca - arkofhope:
Lori,
Hi! :)  Do you take someone with you to your MRI's. I've always had someone place their hand on my calf to let me know there is an outside world nearby.  And, if the machine has the digital timer, I have them tell me when I have 7 minutes to go....then 2 minutes...and I always cover my eyes so that I don't have to fight to keep them open.

I've had 2 dozen or more closed mri's, and it is still a process I work on the relax myself. 

And "only 29"?  I think that's a great age!!  Yes, young to have to go thru this. I'm 37. I was 20 for 5 years and 25 for 10.
 ::) Uh, what I mean is that people - mainly adults - thought I was 20 for a long time and 25 even longer.
And the 30's are fabulous!!!!!!  I am still in the diagnosis stage/having my mri Tuesday. So, I can't help with the other stuff.

Just know that I'm tossing positive thoughts your way!

tony:
Sorry to hear of your worries
- even now you maybe worrying too soon
At risk of spoiling your MRI - note that at 6mths it may be that there really
is no change - it can take 18mths for a visible outcome
So dont panic if "no change" - its not unexpected or unusual
Even so - good luck with the results !
Best Regards
Tony

lori78:
Thanks, alll good suggestions.  And Tony, good to know!!!  Lori

GM:
How to destress for the MRI....I highly recommend Rum & Coke   ;D

Don't freak if the tumor swells...it's very common.  Mine swelled from 1.8 to 2.1 CM over a 2 year period.  My symptoms are still the same as they were prior to the radiation treatment.

Good luck and best wishes on your results...remember stressing isn't going to help... 

Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version