General Category > AN Issues

What about concerts?

(1/3) > >>

sloxana:
Hey everybody!

I was wondering if those of you that have been dealing with your AN for a long time would help me with this question.  Will I ever be able to go to a concert again?  Are there some really good earplugs that I could use during the concert?  The reason I am asking is this....My little girl is a HUGE Hannah Montana fan...I mean really HUGE....she knows the words to all of her songs, sings them constantly, and never misses her TV show!  Hannah Montana is coming to our town for a concert and I want to surprise my little girl with tickets to the concert for her birthday.  But I am so scared of what the loud noise will do to my ears.  I can't stand being around loud noisy crowds right now, much less a pop rock concert!  Any suggestions?  I could let my husband take her but I'd hate to miss being with her (besides...this is kind of a girl thing, know what I mean? ;D)

Thanks so much,
Susan

nancyann:
Hi Susan:  I personally avoid anything having to do with loud noises as much as possible.  Having SSD, I want to protect my good ear for all it's worth.   There are the over the counter earplugs you can buy at any drugstore - I used them before I invested in a musician's plug ($75) which is molded to your outer ear canal & decreases decibels approx. 15% or 25%, depending on which one you buy. Of course you have to wait for it to be made, so if the concert is soon, I'd definitely invest in the over the counter ear plugs.   Rock on,  Nancy

Mark:
Well, I must acknowledge that I have no earthly clue who Hannah Montana is so I don't know if going to her concert is a good thing or not to begin with  :D. I went to a U2 concert a couple of years ago and it was the first LOUD arena show I had gone to since my twenties. I know I'm a little bit older but I swear they have amplified the sound a lot more than they used to. I wore basic ear plugs during the whole concert and it sounded "normal". the few times I took them out it was equally painful in both ears  :o. 

That all being said, take some ear plugs, and enjoy the concert with your daughter would be my advice  ;)

Mark

Battyp:
I have found that if I wear the ear  plugs during a loud situation I can hear better as it filters the noise. Like nancy ann said you can get the musician ones made or just get over the counter ones. The clear silicone ones which mold to your outer ear work great and aren't as noticeable as the foamy colorful ones :o)  Enjoy the concert and GBT (girl bonding time!) 

M

sloxana:
Thanks so much!

I went ahead and ordered the tickets.  I'm going to give it a try!

Susan :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version