Pre-Treatment Options > Pre-Treatment Options

Is Radiation an option for me?

<< < (3/3)

notaclone13:
In regard to radiosurgery in Europe, there appear to be some really good centers in Germany. I believe PaulW traveled from Australia to Munich Germany for treatment in 2010. You could send him a PM and ask him where it was done. I found this publication by a group in Cologne:

Acoustic Neuroma Treated with Stereotactic Radiosurgery: Follow-up of 335 Patients.

Rueß D1, Pöhlmann L2, Hellerbach A2, Hamisch C3, Hoevels M2, Treuer H2, Grau S3, Jablonska K4, Kocher M2, Ruge MI2.

PaulW:
I was treated at the European Cyberknife Centre in Munich by Dr Alexander Muacevic
I believe he has treated over 1000 acoustic neuromas surgically, with GK and CK
He was excellent.
He was president of the Radiosurgery Society for a few years and helped create a patient database which is shared by many Cyberknife Centres worldwide. The sharing of knowledge and best practice has helped improve the outcomes everywhere.

He has also teamed up with the son of John Adler, the inventor of Cyberknife to create a website to get medical papers published faster...

Www.cureus.com

Worth checking out

Jimbo:
Hi I had a smaller tumor; had radiation over 10m years ago, and am fine.
Yes, some surgeons tried to scare me about post radiation issues, but others said it should not be a problem if surgery was needed after radiation.
Good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version