Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

CPR certification and facial paralysis

(1/1)

Pembo:
To get my special ed license I have to be CPR certified. It dawned on me the other day there is NO WAY I can make a seal with my mouth to do rescue breathing. I can't even blow up a balloon or blow out a birthday candle.   
I hope I don't actually have to inflate that Annie doll or I'll flunk for sure. Good thing my friend is the CPR
instructor.

Cheryl R:
Same problem here.     I was allowed  to pass in spite of not being able to do the airway part.   I was nervous that they would not and then  I would not be allowed to work as a nurse.    In a code situitation though we get alot of staff responding pretty fast.                  I also can not wear one type of face mask if we would ever have a TB pt as have to get a very close fit.
   Pembo,how far are you from Cleveland?      I visited a friend there in August.   She was on the west side and we do go visit an area of shops on the east side at Lyndhorst.
   I also have been to the Newark-Zanesville-Dresden area in the past and on up to Holmes co.
I would love to go back.                                    Cheryl R

Pembo:
Cheryl, I'm on the westside of Cleveland.  Glad to know I'm not alone in the CPR thing.

nancyann:
I haven't been a floor nurse for 10 years now.  I had gotten a note from my dr. to excuse me from performing CPR 2 years ago due to severe back problems.  I now do not have to do 'hurricane duty'  since the AN surgery.  I'm sure I would have gotten a note to excuse me from CPR after the AN surgery had I not already been excused.   I luckily have a desk job, only go to the units for clinical info.  Like Cheryl said, there are enough 'physically fit' staff to do these things where I work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version