Post-Treatment > Balance Issues

return of wonky head monster

(1/2) > >>

Soundy:
I am 4 years and 2 months out and have never lost all wonky headedness , but have taken two falls with injuries in last month or so ... and neither fall was done while doing anything unusual ... stood up from tying shoe and just kept falling back breaking tail bone ... the 22 looked over my shoulder at our coach and when I turned head back forward I rotated around in just kinda sat down on my folded up leg tearing up knee ... now walking with walking stick all the time for added balance

I am running headlong at 50 and can't keep falling ...eventually I figure I will fall and break a hip or crack noggin on the ground ... something I fear ...

I have had a return of headaches ... they are not bad yet  but after being well controlled with Lyrica for about 2 years I am beginning to have at least two a week ...several a month that take a couple hydrocodone to shake

also having alot of twitching of eye and corner of my mouth on surgical side ... my face and scalp is numb ... and metal mouth is strong again ... and when I yawn and sometimes when I am just talking my eye closes on surgical side

I thought when I got my headaches under control that things would be good ... the return of these symptoms has happened over last 6 months or so ... but the falls have brought me out of denial that anything is wrong ...

I am scared of AN regrowth ... hoping it is just screwed up facial nerve ...insurance still won't pay for the yearly maintenance MRI that doctor wanted done ... so haven't done them ... now with everything going on I can get one and not have to resort to the plan my PCP and myself came up with... go in and faking bells palsy and get one that way ... now have legitimate complaint ...

when I go for knee follow up we will set up MRI ...

I thought I had a question but think I just needed to rant ... I get tired of smiling and saying everything is hunky dory so as not to worry those around me ...

CHD63:
Oh my, Soundy ......

I cannot imagine having to fake a symptom to qualify for an MRI.  That blows my mind that an insurance company will not pay for yearly MRIs recommended by your doctor.

Many prayers that this long overdue MRI is clean and there is another explanation for your return of symptoms.

Clarice

Chances3:
Hi Soundy,

I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms.  You have every right to rant, and as you know better than me ( this newbie ), we all understand rants.  Sometimes life can be very unfair.  I say that a lot when I want to be me again, but I am reminded of those less fortunate, or about the very close love ones I lost when they were still so young.  So go ahead rant, and if you can, but try and find the better side of life.  I hope the doctors can make you well again soon.  I have you in my prayers.

God Bless.

Soundy:
have talked about getting the MRI the wrong way and can now get it with a clear heart ...

walking with my walking stick from camp and I am more stable ... waiting on medical expense card to set it up ...it will take 25% of total bill then add 8% to unpaid total ... it will just make payments manageable

FLsunshine:
Soooo sorry to hear of your recent challenges.  You've had a really tough time of it all.  Sending you my thoughts and prayers that you'll get some answers and relief.

Suzanne

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version