General Category > AN Issues

Newbie to Vestibular Schwannoma

<< < (2/2)

Muffin:
ANSydney, iI did know it was one in 100,00O and that it is considered rare which is why it takes a while for people to get to the MRI. I had nasal therapy twice and it was three months before I got the MRI. I can see why people die with them and if they don't have insurance, they probably give up. My uncle had this in the 70's. From what I read, it seems that immediate family matters but not uncle/niece. His was golfball sized. His face was going dumb when he went in because his wife insisted.  He never made it. He survived the surgery but the autopsy said he died of brain edema.  He was only in his 40's.  The shock of this diagnosis didn't last long. I had suspected it for some time, but I do want to learn as much as I can without overload so I know what questions to ask doctors and make a good comparison.  That is why I wish I knew more about whether or not there is a super duper neuro man that loves operating on these and stands out a bit above the rest.  So much to read. Interested in lots. Will check on other headings.  Thanks!

ANSydney:
That's 1 person diagnosed in 100,000 per year. 90%, based on autopsy studies, die with their tumor without knowing they have one, not due to lack of insurance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version