Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

One week to go... time to put the brown underpants on!

(1/4) > >>

joebloggs:
Hi All,

I just thought I'd ask all the posties out there for a few last minute tips for relaxing before surgery.  I've been super calm and relaxed pretty much since I found out about the AN but now that I am a week away from my Translab, I think it would be fair to say I am bricking it a little bit!  I seem to be thinking about it a lot lately which isn't ideal... Did anyone have any brilliant tactics for putting it to the back of your mind (so to speak!!).  The countdown has begun!!!

Cheers

JB

sgerrard:
Knitting!  ;D

Steve

Tamara:
Hi there -
  I'd recommend putting a lot of fun things in your life if possible.  I had tons of stuff going on with my kids prior to my surgery last summer, and the night before, I went to a ceilidh (celtic jam) and out to dinner with my family.  I truly had so much to do that the surgery day just suddenly appeared out of nowhere, but that was OK.
  It's fine to think about your upcoming day, but if you find you're obsessing, I'd go with diversion.

Best wishes,
Tamara

suboo73:
Hi JB!  I will be thinking of you over the next week...  Stay strong, have fun, and 'dance like no one is watching!'

Please - for those of us not familiar with Aussie talk - "brown underpants?" and "bricking it?"
Every time i run into phrases like this, i have to ask my daughter what it means - she spent a semester in Plymouth, England and can usually 'translate' for me.

All my best - you will do great!
Cheerio! (Do they say that in Australia?)

My thoughts, prayers and best wishes to you and your family!
Can't wait to hear from you in 'postie' land!

Sue

NancyMc:
JB -
I'm five weeks away, and like Tamara I will be filling my life with plenty of Irish music concerts and sessiuns.  I'm going to a Berzerkerbeiner cross country ski race and yurt cookout this weekend in the wilderness.  And I'm going to museums in NYC in two weeks.  My mother's 90th is in nine days, so my brother and his wife are flying in from Austin, TX, to surprise her.  My other brother is bicycling across Australia (Tell him Hi!) with is tent and guitar, an annual event, so he'll miss the party.  And I'm painting and cleaning the house and doing anything that requires climbing ladders.
Basically, the plan is to stay busy and enjoy life without being exposed to viruses.  I took a trip to Roatan in January to allow plenty of recovery from any tropical diseases contracted.
Live large!
Nancy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version