Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

Health problems come from emotional issues ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

nancyann:
Hi there Pascale:   I know I've had a similar problem with a different family member,  but how come only I got the AN & not my brothers, sister ?
I'm the only one with a history of benign tumor growths,  so I can't say that it was because of a loud, litigious
member of my family.   I believe I just happened to get a 'crazy' chromosome that produces benign tumors.

Always good thoughts,    Nancy

Pascale:
Hello

Tks for the replies :D

I thought my post got deleted because of the "personal opinion" from one another that could have caused a problem for the forum  ::) But thanks for moving it , makes more sense to be placed here  ;)

Ok, so I guess everyone is different and I do think also that it can be hereditary....I'm just always so annoyed when my mom is around to me, I feel I can't be myself or she will start criticizing me.

Well, I'm eager to know what others will say heheheh  especially you Phyl!!!  ;D

And Nancy, If I had to apply my "theory" to why you were the one getting the tumors and not  your bothers and sisters, it could be because you are more sensitive and vulnerable. The same situation applies to me. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers that are all 100% healthy.... >:(  8)

nancyann:
Hi there Pascale:  Yes,  I am quite sensitive,  much less vulnurable at 53 y.o. (thank God),
however,  like my brothers,  I have always been a very independent person.
Always good thoughts,  Nancy

ps:  Pascale:   My mother still criticizes me at 53 & now I just have to laugh at her caring so much for me ! 
I don't take it personal anymore,  that's just how they were raised & I love my mom's input, however it could be
more subtle ! !    Mom IS very fashion savvy,  much more than me,   so I do take her advice (as I took her mother's
many years ago....)     I know at least the next 10 - 20 years  mom will still be criticizing the hair, clothes, weight,  etc.,
but,   that's mom & I love her...   So start laughing,   & thank her when she's right.   & take a deep, cleansing breath,
it's sooooo relaxing !

MAlegant:
Pasquale,
I get exactly what your saying.  I have a similar kind of mom.  I think that has more to do with the luck of the draw than the AN though!  That being said, I'm sure that the stress I've had in my life is not unrelated to medical problems.  After my surgery I have a different attitude and I don't take myself too seriously, nor do I let negative people take me down with them.  It's working pretty well; another silver lining to all of this.
Marci

nancyann:
Marci,  You are so right about the 'different attitude,'  the 'silver lining.'
I feel blessed for all I have,   &,    'laughter is the best medicine', as we
all know !
Always good thoughts,  Nancy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version