Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

Possible last live gig before translab

(1/5) > >>

joebloggs:
Hello all,

I just went to a gig - Goldfrapp and I stood there listening and thought, holy (expletive) - this may be the last or one of the last live gigs before I go mono - wow.  And I felt a bit sad - not entirely because there were a bit boring and there was the slight chance I'd wasted my last gig on a boring one - but I found myself holding my other ear closed in the noisy bits to try an protect it and wondering what it will be like post surgery.  In the grand scheme of things it's probably not a great deal - but I really like music and the thought of not hearing a symphony orchestra in full swing again kind of scares me.  Does anyone else feel the same?  Is it just me?

JB

cindyj:
Know just what you mean.  It occured to me a few weeks ago that I will never be able to hear a concert or play, etc the same again...I wanted to get to Les Miserable when it was here, but missed it (saw it years ago and wanted to hear it one more time prior to translab).  I have been to a couple of movies, which I never really go to, but figured I should do it now while I still had both ears...it really is a bit sad...

I'm sure many others have had similar thoughts/feelings.  Take care,

Cindy

Rivergirl:
My hobby is concerts and to loose stereo is very concerning, I too tried to protect my ears at a couple of concerts this summer with plugs but ended up taking them out.  Yes, it will be a huge sacrifice for me but again I am not alone.

Soundy:
My dad builds dulcimers ,banjos , guitars bowed saltries , do-bros and probably other instruments I have
forgotten ...music has always been a part of my life ... in the last 15 months I have adjusted to mono
and things are beginning to sound OK... not the same but OK...

leapyrtwins:
IMO Soundy's right.  Things don't sound the same once you are SSD - especially music - but you adjust.

I have an iPod adapter in my car (plugs into the cigarette lighter) and the sound isn't too far off from stereo.  I also have a mono-plug for my iPod (converts stereo sound into one ear phone) that I use when I'm not in the car and it gives me very decent sound.  It was extremely inexpensive - got mine @ Radio Shack for about $6.95

So I've found a new normal when it comes to music, and it beats not being able to hear it at all.

Count your blessings; don't dwell on your shortcomings  :)

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version