General Category > AN Issues

Newly Diagnosed and Overwhelmed

<< < (6/6)

Pattib:
MG

I appreciate your comments.  I certainly understand the importance of wanting to do something about the AN while it is still considered small enough.  It's that "what to do" thing both with when is the right time and what is the right method that I am struggling with and trying to get as much info as I can.

Mac84

Thank you.  I believe the patient coordinator had told me when I was there for the office visits that she would be able to provide some information for me in terms of how many AN's per year had been done and what was the general outcome (issues after surgery).  So I believe I'll see if she can provide me the number of radiation treatments that they do annually along with a general outcome.  I too would want to feel that i have chosen the right place and Dr's for radiation if that's where this goes.

Rupert

I tried to find the like button but I couldn't find it either!

GaryWNT

Yes I too have found it surprising how both the House & USC  have responded and have been willing to take the time and speak with me on my issues.  It took about 10 days for the House to get back to me and 3 days for USC, but just the thought that they are willing to review and discuss the MRI with me I find amazing in it's own.

Janey:
I also sent my information to USC.  Dr. Friedman called me this afternoon!  It was comforting to
know that his opinion on my situation matched what my local physician advises.  I too find it amazing
that a well-known physician across the country would consult with me, answer questions, and
offer to give me his opinion again after my next MRI.  He was awesome, and without this website
I would not even have known such a consult was possible.

Pattib:
Janey I'm glad to hear that Dr Friedman was of the same opinion as your local doctor.  Certainly gives one a sense of confidence in how one is handling their issues.   I am very grateful for finding  this site.  It has provided so much information as well as support which is so needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version