General Category > Inquiries

abutment skin overgrowth

(1/2) > >>

qtrhrse15:
I have had my baha for years with minimal swelling that was always resolved with medications.  This time the swelling is not subsiding and looking at skin removal this next week. My question is has any one use clobetasol for swelling and been successful ?  My other question is if you had skin removal how did the removal go and did you go back to work the same day ?  Was told it would take very little time an I would be in and out in no time.  Ones who had removal did you get overgrowth again ? I know so many questions just that i have weathered infections and always did fine and now this.  A bit worried about this procedure.  Will be done at a surgical center because my doctor does not have a sterile area in his office to do removal.  Thank you in advance for your help.

donjehle:
Thank you for your great post, qtrhrse15!

While I do not have baha (and no skin removal), I would be very curious to hear from others and the experience they have had with clobetasol and how their skin removal went.

And please update us on how it went after your surgery goes so that others can learn from your experience.

Best wishes!
Don

james e:
Late to reply but I hope this helps someone. I have used clobetasol on my overgrowth for years. Got my BAHA in 2012 and within months my skin started growing over it. Here it is 2023 and it still happens sometimes. It works every time within a day or two, usually in the winter.

throwloyalty:

--- Quote from: james e on May 27, 2023, 08:48:17 pm ---Late to reply but I hope this helps someone. I have used clobetasol on my overgrowth for years. Got my BAHA in 2012 and within months my skin started growing over it. Here it is 2023 and it still happens sometimes. It works every time within a day or two, usually in the winter.

--- End quote ---
Does it have a strong impact on the skin?

james e:
Well, here it is January 2024 and the skin around my abutment has almost covered it and I cannot wear my BAHA. The ointment does not seem to be working. I have an appointment with my doctor on Jan 24.

Dr Kutz at Southwestern in Dallas recommended last May I get a longer abutment. Cochlear recommends you R&R the abutment in a surgery ward. He said he may have a few different length abutments on hand. If I remember from then the next longer abutment is 4mm longer, and I hesitated because that seemed too much. At this point my choices are have the abutment removed and let the skin grow over and quit using the BAHA or get the longer abutment installed.

I will probably get the longer abutment.

Will keep you informed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version