General Category > Inquiries

Please help.

<< < (2/10) > >>

Gennysmom:
Jumping in to support my fellow AN'ers....agreed, MRI with contrast ASAP because of so many symptoms.  Good luck and prayers sent in your direction Katie!  Please keep us updated!!!!! 

Crazycat:
You say he had a CAT scan and you're going to have to wait 4 weeks for the results? That's as ridiculous as it is negligent. When I had my MRI, they were calling me the next day with the results.
   I was a runner before my AN took me out. I'm running again. Your husband needs proper treatment, right now. Judging by his symptoms, there's no time to lose. I know what he's going through because I went through it myself.

You may want to apprise those bungling idiot bureaucrats that call themselves doctors of this forum so that that they may learn something from it.
That really enrages me. Having been through the mill I know what it's like to have waited far too long for treatment. Thankfully, when I did finally receive treatment, it was from some of the most competant surgeons on the planet.

Please keep us apprised,   Paul

5frys:
Our remote military assignment is on Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal and the problem is they don't have MRI on the Island, so now we need to try to get the military to fly us out to get one. AND convince them that he truly needs it. I am trying to stay positive and all your comments have been very encouraging to me.  It has been pretty lonely for us. Yes, he has also been misdiagnosed many times with sinus infections also.
I'm not entirely knocking the military.  They have given us 16 good years.........and vice versa.
Katie sends again and I will keep you posted

Derek:
Hi Katie...

So glad you found this great website where you are obtaining the best possible advice from very knowledgable folk as to  what is required re MRI with contrast as being the only definitive method of verifying whether or not your husband has an acoustic neuroma. Hope you are able to convince the medics and that everything works out ok.

Best Regards

Derek

tony:
I saw your notes - these are worrying times for sure
a couple of thoughts for you
AN`s are probably the most mis-diagnosed condition there is
- usually a sinus infection is assumed to be the cause (but its not)
and yes only an MRI will say for sure one way or another
(Its actually quite hard to diagnose anything from the internet).
So, a couple of tests for the base medics to try
Test one : Ask your husband to attempt to walk (in front of the Doc)
one toe directly in front the other - like a slow type-rope walk
Just like the traffic cops would ask you to
- if they thought you were drink- driving
(I know your husband is NOT drunk)
an AN patient will appear to walk like a drunk
- and may even fall - so soft carpet, no glass or hard landings.
Test two : while still and standing upright - try closing both eyes
an AN patient may just fall or wobble - so soft landings again.
If either or both is positive then it suggests there
is some kind of interference with the balance nerve
- Sinus alone wont do this.
At this point you should have enough for an MRI scan to check
Show this note to the Doc if required
Let us know how you get on
Good Luck
and Best regards
Tony
UK

Navigation

[0] Message Index