AN Community > AN Community

Pregnancy

<< < (2/3) > >>

ellenvig:
Hi,

Congratulations!!  Like Katie, I also went though pregnancies with the tunor.  I went though months and months of fertility treatments, and went on to have 3 (singleton) pregnancies in 5 years!  I was diagnosed when my youngest was 7 months old.  All 3 of my kids turned out to be completely healthy.  I believe that the pregnancies sped the growth of the tumor, but since it is so slow growing to start with, I wasn't in any danger.  BTW, if you do have re-growth, you can still have radiation if you are breastfeeding.  You can also have an MRI while breastfeeding.

LaMar:
Thank you all for your comments.  I read some of the other posts and for the most part they all said they healthy babies, but their tumors grew.  I think for the most part they saw the rapid grwth because it had been so long since their last check-up.  When i was first diagnosed with the tumor - I was 21 and it was only 2.8cm but within a couple months time it was 3.3 and then at surgery which was only four months after initial diagnosis it was 3.5.  I was told that this was irregular but that they couldnt tell me why.  I have read about the MRI while pregnant and they say that MRI are safe but the injection is not - because it is in the blood stream.  My previous MRIs showed the tumor even without the injection so hopefully that wont be of a concern.  For the most part my conclusion is that the tumor will grow while pregnant (mostly from the increase in hormones in your body) but that it wont pose a threat to my baby.  I can deal with a tumor if it means that I can have a baby.  My dream has always been to be a mother.  It is the goal that I have had since childhood.  I didnt have great parents and I want to change that history and ensure that my child has the best.  I can take another surgery if I have to...I couldnt deal iwht never having a child.  I would always feel like I missed out on something and that I was a complete person.  We are planning to adopt later on....so one child may be all that is in my birthing future.....for now I am foucsing on my baby and not my tumor.  I have been thru the surgery before I beat all the odds then, and I know that I can beat them again.....

Thanks again everyone...and goold luck to yall in whatever situation you are in....

LaMar

Battyp:
LaMar please keep us updated as you progress!  we'll all be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers that you can achieve your goal and we get to be honorary aunts and uncles.  I always wanted to be a mom too and after three years of infertility I finally got preganat and only managed to have the one.  He's a great kid and a joy here's hoping you find the same thing!

Windsong:
Congratulations on your expectancy!

I am sure that your ob-gyn is  following you closely during this due to your An history. Many have had a beautiful baby, you will too.

Many good wishes,
Windsong

Kathleen_Mc:
LaMar: I have had two children since my orginal tumor was removed. I found out about my regrowth when my son was 2 months old, I didn't have it removed until my daughter was 3, essentially I went throught two pregnancies with the regrowth present. I had no difficultiy.
No you cannot have MRI during pregnancy, my daughter was made and delivered in-between yearly MRI's (talk about pressure to perform on my husband!).
Kathleen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version