Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

On Edge All The Time

<< < (6/6)

Jim Scott:
I was always somewhat impatient, even before my diagnosis and surgery/radiation.  The AN experience didn't improve that trait.  My angelic wife tells me that I was almost insufferable in the weeks immediately following my discharge from the hospital.  She was actually concerned that I had undergone a (negative) personality change due to the AN surgery.  My 'crabby' attitude and hyper-impatience eventually subsided and I'm back to normal, today, 14 months later.  I'm not totally 'mellow' but not as quick to snap at any little thing, either.  I'm also still married.   ;)

I never considered taking medication to control my moods but I can't say the medications aren't effective, as many folks have found great relief in them, especially where depression is a factor.   I try to maintain a positive attitude, which really helps me keep a balance.  Sure, things annoy me and I can flare up at minor inconveniences, as I always did, but I've trained myself to let petty things go and to drop my anger over things that I can't change or that anger can't change.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version