General Category > Hearing Issues

live examples of hearing loss.....

(1/2) > >>

Windsong:
HI!

I thought I'd send in a link to examples of hearing loss.

I myself now have "profound" loss in my An ear and found out I have mild to moderate loss in my other ear. (reason for the right one not known at this time, yet.) But it explains why i no longer have been watching tv (too frustrating with the "gobbledygook sounds")....

The live examples on this site defintiely demonstrate how different types of hearing loss affect us in different situations etc.

Hope it comes through.. click on the different types.

http://facstaff.uww.edu/bradleys/radio/hlsimulation/

Windsong.

nancyann:
Windsong:  Thankyou for this.   The speech with the people talking in the background is similar to what we go thru with SSD.
                 I end up sticking my finger in my ear during loud meetings in small rooms.
                 Very interesting indeed !!!!!

Lorenzo:
Perfect!!!  Thanks Windsong, just what I needed to convince some people of what this is really like! Wonderful!
Sorry to hear about your right ear trouble... :(
Ciao
Lorenzo

Windsong:
Glad to be of help. :)

I've moved through the various levels over the last 6-7 years i guess while the An was growing and I didn't know that. I would like to add that after my fsr treatment i DID have improvement in the hearing in the An ear, enough to thrill me at hearing my a/c while sleeping on the good side;  being able to reduce stereo volume to half;  being able to hear dial tone on the telephone again etc. (even though serviceable hearing was not there for conversation on that side. I am not sure what has caused the recent change in my good ear but of course I will be pursuing that. In the meantime my doc has suggested the other day after some hearing tests that I try a hearing aid in the useable ear. I pushed the thought away at the time but am now thinking i must do "something" so will be checking all that out. I guess I have an mri coming up now too. Sure hope it isn't a second An. I am a bit unnerved by all this. Has anyone else had hearing loss in their second ear (good one) and it hasnt had anything to do with having an An?

I hope the link above helps anyone else too if only to let others know hey, this is what the hearing is like with a loss like this....

Cheers all,
Windsong

okiesandy:
I have posted and posted about hearing loss in my good ear. I was fortunate to find a neurotologist that suspected AIED from the very first. I was blood tested and found to have AIED and also after two years it was also decided I had cochler hydrops (a form of meniers disease without vertigo).

One of the markers that you may look for is hearing loss in the low range. That is one of the signs. AIED can cause a sudden loss of hearing or a slow loss of hearing. I was to told by two neurotologist and House Ear that blood tests should be done to rule out AIED before anything else considered. Once the hearing is gone it is to late to treat. Do not hesitate or allow a doctor to tell you they do not think that is what you have. Especially if you have any other autoimmune diseases or anyone in you family does. Too many people lose all hearing because the doctors do not act fast enough.  Also there is a small percentage of people that have sympathetic hearing loss. Doctors think about 6% of AN patients lose hearing in the good ear for one of these reasons.

Have the doctors tried steroid treatment on you? That is the treatment of choice until blood tests come back. It takes about two or three weeks for the tests to come back.

Good luck,

Sandy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version