Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

15th annual MRI

(1/6) > >>

marie:
I went yesterday for my 15th annual MRI.  (I've had probably 18 or 20 total)  Usually, there's nothing to it.  This time was awful.  I arrived at the hospital at 1:15 pm,started filling out the paperwork.  They called me back  to draw blood for the kidney test.  He drew it out of the back of my hand---very tender!  Somewhere between 2:00 and 2:30 I was called back for the MRI.  First, they did my right arm (NF2, something going on with the arm).  That took about 30 minutes.  Then they turned me around so that my head and feet were reversed.  Banging and clattering for about 40 minutes.  Then the fun part.  My veins are terrible and it took I don't know how long  and 6 to 8 sticks  and three different people to finally administer the contrast.  They put every needle in the back of my hand.  I  had 10 minutes of picture taking, then I was finished.  It was 5:30pm!  All day today I've had muscle pain (gradually receding) in my back.   At this point I'm thinking I'd like to forego any further testing for a lonlg time.  I know I can't, but I sure want to! After almost 41 years of dealing with ANs, I'm really tired of it.

Nancy Drew:
Hi Marie,

Wow, what a day, and I can understand why you don't want to go through all of that again.  I am so sorry you have been burdened with ANs for so long.  I wish I knew more to say.  Hope you are feeling better and that the memory of yesterday will leave you soon.

Nancy

marie:
Thanks for the sypathy, Nancy.  I think I was mostly feeling sorry for myself.  About an hour ago my ENT called to tell me that the written report says the tumor has grown.  At this point I'm waiting for Dr. Brackmann's evaluation. 

mimoore:
What a drag. Sounds like a tough day! Take it easy and do something you enjoy. For me it is a nice hot bubble bath and a soothing glass of wine. Relax, breath easy and be extra nice to yourself.
Hugs Michelle  ;)

Nancy Drew:
Hi Marie,

Nothing wrong with feeling sorry for yourself.  The fact that the tumor is growing is not something you can throw off lightly so don't be hard on yourself.  Hopefully you will get better news from Dr. Brackmann.  Keeping my fingers crossed and like Michelle said, do something nice for yourself.  For me, it is a nice hot bath and some chocolate.  Keep us informed.

Nancy

P.S. Tears are OK, too.  I cry all of the time, and it actually makes me feel better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version