Pre-Treatment Options > Pre-Treatment Options

Option for Government service personell

(1/2) > >>

Sam:
Needing treatment advice for Law Enforcement/Military/Special Opps from any who have had microsurgery/radiosurgery. Will I be able to continue my physical activities as far as training, HARD running (up to 7 miles ,balance beams ,climbing 6ft. fences ,walking elevated beams? This is how I live my life, I do not know any other life. This has been really devistating for me.

Windsong:
After reading all your posts I guess I have to ask:  is your employer doing all possible for you for the best possible treatment in the best possible location?

I assume they are.

I hope they are?

Best wishes,

Windsong

Sam:
No, I am pretty much riding solo, every one is still in shock. I am having to figure out all the routes this go around on my own.
I guess I am still in shock myself, but my instinct tells me "we have to deal with this now". However I will say this they have been very supportive thus far.

nancyann:
Hi Sam - you ARE an active guy!!!   There was a post somewhere here where a soccer player (college) was able to get back to her soccer!  Everyone has different issues/abilities before and after surgery.  Hope all goes well for you.
Nancy

Joef:
   Personally ... I that is doable .. running and climbing ...   but the balance beams would give me a hard time .. I suppose someone with better training than myself *No training at all* would be better .. but your balance is different after surgery .. it takes re-learning everything .. even walking is hard at first .. but today you would never know .. but things that tax my balance are still hard ... but it just takes more practice ... you will have to work harder that everyone else .. but its not impossible!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version