Post-Treatment > Balance Issues

Acupuncture for balance issues

(1/2) > >>

susierg:
A friend of mine told me that his wife had acupuncture to help her with her balance problems after an accident she had that caused severe brain damage a few years ago.  Of course she did not have an AN, her problems were very different as she fell and hit her head.  She wasnt expected to live but miraculously she did.  It was a long recovery for her, but her balance problems were the same as mine.  She couldnt walk straight, etc.  I was wondering if anyone had tried acupuncture for their balance issues and if it helped or not.

arizonajack:
You can probably find lots of anecdotal results online by googling.

Dr Chang of Stanford has been mentioned on these forums. I found a couple of recorded interviews that you can listen to.

The second one has his perspective on acupuncture.

I haven't listened yet.

Report back with his comments.

http://www.myacoustic.org/steven-chang-interview-acoustic-neuroma-treatment.html

susierg:
Thanks for the link....I listened to most of it, did fast forward to the alterntive approach section..His posistion on accupuncture or biofeedback is "if it work, it works"  He's not opposed to trying it.  No specifics on acutaly patients.  Heck, I say its worth a shot.  Gonna check into it next week.

Thanks again

arizonajack:

--- Quote from: susierg on November 18, 2012, 05:39:50 pm ---Thanks for the link....I listened to most of it, did fast forward to the alterntive approach section..His posistion on accupuncture or biofeedback is "if it work, it works"  He's not opposed to trying it.  No specifics on acutaly patients.  Heck, I say its worth a shot.  Gonna check into it next week.

Thanks again

--- End quote ---

I say it's worth a shot, too. Report back with the results over time.

I've also read that Tai Chi is good for balance issues and, for some people, works better than vestibular therapy. One such person is someone I know who suffered a head injury on 9/11 and has had balance issues since then. She's had vestibular therapy in the past and is currently taking Tai Chi which she likes better. I've ordered a couple of videos and will give it a try.

susierg:
Have an appointment on Monday....I'll let ya know how it goes.

Have a safe and happy thanksgiving!!

Susie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version