Post-Treatment > Headaches

Nerve resection surgery by Dr. Ducic

<< < (2/4) > >>

Zinnia:
Tom,

Thank you for your reply. That's very good to know. I'm feeling pretty desperate at this point and I'm considering sending my information off to Dr. Ducic for consideration. I'm in WA so I don't know if it's common for people to travel for the surgery or not but I'm certainly willing. I just started with a headache neurologist that has me in the initial stages of Topamax and I should probably see it through although it doesn't seem to be helping much yet. Would you mind describing your symptoms a bit? I feel like my headaches have been a mixed bag of sorts so I'm a little unsure if I fit an occipital neuralgia diagnosis. My neurologist may try a nerve block at my next appt. and that should help us to know more but the appointment isn't for some time.

Thanks and feel free to PM me if you'd rather. Best wishes to you.

Take care,
Edie

TomBVA:
Edie,

A fellow forumite, Janet from Seattle, WA traveled to see Dr. Ducic.  You should speak with her as well.  She gave me great information and is a medical professional herself.  You can search for her posts and send her a PM. 

In terms of my symptoms, my headaches are daily occurrences and always originate in the the same area.  They begin around the skull base on the AN surgical side and travel up to the top of my head along the path of the occipital nerve.  If I don't take Advil the headaches will radiate around the front of my head above my eyes.  Usually Advil will temporarily slow this down, but this is a daily battle.

Definitely talk to Janet your fellow WA state AN patient.   I will also post more, it looks like my surgery date will be June 9th with Dr. Ducic.   Feel free to ask more questions.
Tom

Zinnia:
Tom,

Thanks for your reply, Tom. Yes, that is exactly some of the pain I'm experiencing. It's pretty constant and can end up with pressure behind my forehead and eyes. I also have a major headache about twice a week that is completely debilitating and excruciatingly painful. I'm not sure if it's also related to ON or not. I also have a lot of pressure in my head and it hurts when I cough or sneeze. Do you relate to that at all?

I will contact Janet. I'm just north of Seattle so that's very encouraging.

June 9th is very close. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Edie

TomBVA:
Thanks for your positive thoughts, Edie!   

I don't know about the pressure feeling, but I am sure that when you get bad headaches you feel it every which way.  I can relate to hurting after sneezing, that does shake things up in a bad way.   Sounds like your occipital nerve is injured and angry and letting you know about it through a lot of pain.

I recommend that you hear what Dr. Ducic has to say, and you can see how things turn out for me, next week.  I will probably not re post for a week or so after surgery so I can heal up, but as soon as I think about it I will post an update.

Please keep the positive thoughts for my surgery and I of course am pulling for you to find relief.
Best, Tom

Zinnia:
Tom,

Thinking of you today and wishing you a speedy healing and recovery!

Best,
Edie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version