General Category > AN Issues

Surgery is on December 8th

<< < (2/2)

Jill Marie:
Hope the surgery went well!  Look forward to hearing from you, family or a friend with an update!  Jill

Mimispree:
I hope your surgery went well.  Please be patient with your recovery and hug your caretaker often.  I too was told, "My best patient went back to work in ten days, but you'll probably take six to eight weeks."  At four months out I'm still too dizzy to return to my physical work.  Read the posts on this site and remember all recovery are unique.  We all get a crash course in acceptance after this surgery.

Be well,
Mimi

jdamiano:
They got the whole tumor but recovery has been hard. Thank you for posting.  I went home on Thursday, 12/11 to my parents house.  I didn't think to check this post and immediately wrote in the post-surgery area. 

I have slight to medium facial paralysis so the right side of my face looks funny when I smile or talk - I cannot stand it.  Dr Spetzler said it will get better within a year - its such a long time to wait.  He said they didn't severe the facial nerve but bumped it a lot.  Dr Weisskopf said to do facial exercises by massaging the face muscles to stimulate some feeling.  I've done that a little. 

I can't hear at all out of my right ear - it feels like I have an ear muff and a weight on it.  I've put ice on a lot just to numb the area.  the right side of my head feels so heavy.  They sent me home with 3 days of the swelling medication - 4 pills, 2 pills and 1 pill but I wonder if I should have taken more.  I haven't take oxycotin in a day or so - just ipubrohen.

I have an appointment tomorrow to get the staples out and will bring my 100s of questions.  I can walk, eat and don't have any dizziness.  Have a eye issue and have been putting drops in for scratched cornea.  My eye doesn't shut b/c of the facial problems. 

Please tell me the heavy feeling of my head is normal - 9 days post surgery. I think it is still swelling but have no clue.  jdamiano

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version