General Category > Insurance

Another ethical question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Omaschwannoma:
I agree with everyone above!  If it does not feel right, it most certainly is not right!  Go with your gut and realise you have time to seek out a doctor and hospital that falls under the criteria of all, insurance, experience with AN's and your peace of mind.  Your "gut" talks to you for a reason, don't ignore it.  You have done the right thing by asking this question yourself and "putting it out there" the answers are coming back in overwhelming response. 

ppearl214:
Mary,

I read your 1st post on this site and you note that you have a large schwannoma in your neck (not an AN)..... and now this dr is telling you this.  IMO, run! run fast!  Do not pass go! Do not collect $200!  (for you Monopoly players.....)

If you are going to let someone operate on your neck (and for those here that have AN microsurgery), we all have learned to research, research, research.  I, personally, would report this to your State Board of Registration of Physician for insurance fraud and find another neurosurgeon, one hopefully affiliated with an acute care/teaching facility.

Again, just my opinion.

Best wishes to you as you go through this.....

Phyl

tony:
Sorry a 1,000 appologies - I hadnt connected the two posts as being the
same patient.
There is a 1000/1 chance, if you have a neck Tumour
- you may have tumours elsewhere (I did - so it can happen)
You do need to find someone reliable that will conduct
the proper tests - if nothing else just to take away that possibilty
There is no immediate threat as such - its just that its not usually
a good thing to ignore
May I suggest you repost looking for suggestions
in your state for someone to do the tests
Best Regards
Tony

Jackie:
Hello Everyone,

Just curious regarding going to a teaching facility for an AN procedure?? Do we want to be a guinea pig?? I don't mean to be disrespectful, it's just that I had always been told the contrary. I look to all of your experience and advice on this matter. Thanks toall,
Jackie

ppearl214:
Hi Jackie,

IMO, going to an acute care facility with an association with a teaching hospital (ie:  Harvard School of Medicine with Mass General/Beth Israel or even Stanford) tend to have the funding to get the newest equipment/treatments available, as well as keeping in line with new treatment options or discoveries that may be going on. I, personally, don't have an issue being part of the Cyberknife Study program at Beth Israel for the following reason.... my sister died of a malignant brain tumor over 30 yrs ago... thus, if it wasn't for folks like her, then today's treatments may not have been available for us.. .thus... I participate to help those down the road as well that may need this kind of help.  I have never and do not see myself as a guinea pig and am more than happy to help future generations.

Again, just my opinion and hope others chime in as well.

Phyl

--- Quote from: Jackie on March 31, 2007, 10:42:09 am ---Hello Everyone,

Just curious regarding going to a teaching facility for an AN procedure?? Do we want to be a guinea pig?? I don't mean to be disrespectful, it's just that I had always been told the contrary. I look to all of your experience and advice on this matter. Thanks toall,
Jackie

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version