General Category > Insurance

Baha costs

(1/3) > >>

LID:
Hello all-

I am back after a long absence but need some help. I had a removal on 4-4-06 with a BAHA implant. The results have been just great.
My insurance covered all except the BAHA portion. I feel that my payment to House for the surgical portion of $3883 was reasonable. I also feel that the cost of the device @ approx. $4000 was reasonable. However, I feel that the hospital billing of $14,389.00 for the BAHA implant and screws is exhorbitant. The remainder of the billing from St. Vincent's (LA) was $60,000. This was covered by my insurance.
Can any of you share with me what your cost for the BAHA surgery was (hospital portion only)?

Thanks -  Lynn

Joef:

I dont remember the costs exactly .. but those numbers sound right .. are they expecting you to pay the difference? or just taking what they get from insurance?

LID:
St. Vincent hospital is asking me to pay all of what my insurance did not pay. This totals $14,389.00. This represents only the BAHA implant, mesh and screws. It does not include the processor or any surgeons fees.
This seems very high. Anyone else have any input?

Lynn

ppearl214:
Hi Lynn and Joe,

Based on what you note and some other reading I have done here, would it be a fair assumption that BAHA is not covered by most insurance plans?  Same for TransEar?  Just curious.

Thanks.
Phyl

Joef:

so your insurance is not paying ANY of the BAHA surgery costs? normally one gets stuck with the 4,000$ processor itself .. but insurance picks up the tab for surgery .. talk to your doctors , they may be able to help... they can stress with that the BAHA needed for because of single sided deafness ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version