Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

CBD Oil Helped With Facial Nerve Pain

(1/5) > >>

Airvtec:
Thought I share my experience with everyone.  Hopefully it will help someone out there with similar issues, to understand you are not the only one with these symptoms.  If you are more curious about my CBD oil experience, then scroll down.

I had gamma knife surgery in Jan of 2017 for my acoustic neuroma.  It was on the right side.  All the symptoms I will mention appears on the right hemisphere of my head.  After 6 months to a year, I developed a few symptoms, such as watery eye and runny nose when I eat.  It was bad enough that I must have tissue paper when I eat.  I constantly needed to wipe my eye, and blow my nose when eating.  I also experienced slight numbness around my upper lip where it meets the nostril.  Over time the numbness got better, not 100% but better.  The watery eye and runny nose thing is still a problem.

Then one day, I wasn't tasting much on the right half of my tongue.  On top of that, I was constantly having this tinny taste, and coldness on that half of the tongue.  I thought to myself, this has to be the worst symptom yet.  Unlike the other symptoms, this is felt every minute of the day.  A constant reminder that something is wrong.  After awhile, the tinny taste went away.  I got used to the lack of taste on the half of my tongue.  I adapted, and got used to it.  It became the norm.

Then on Nov 21, 2018 is when I got the first jolt.  The best way I can describe it is like an electrical shock to my face.  That pins and needles feeling when your limbs fall asleep, but times 20.  That feeling but in a sudden snap, jolt, and shock to the face.  Sometimes it felt like my face got hit by spritz of cold water.  There was no warning when the shock would happen.  At times the shock is strong enough to make me jolt in my seat.  Almost always cause me to flinch and shut my eye.  A month went by.  The surprise onset got replaced with predictable actions that will cause the shock.  When I started chewing, rubbing my face, pushing against the roof of my mouth with my tongue, and rinsing my mouth with water.  All these actions will cause tremendous pain.  The doctor said it is probably nerve pain.  Either deal with it or they can prescribe meds.  Weeks went by, and I started to learn to deal with the pain.  Try to avoid things that will cause it to flare up.

On Jan 15, 2019 I started taking CBD oil.  The reason why I started on CBD oil is for anxiety, stress, and help with sleep.  Nothing at all related to the acoustic neuroma, nor the symptoms I've been having.  To my surprise 3 days into the CBD oil, my nerve pain started to go away.  I am now 1 week in with the oil, and I'd say 98% of the nerve pain is gone.  I can chew, rub my face, rinse my mouth, and push with my tongue without any onset of the pain.  This is definitely a pleasant surprise.  I have also noticed the tinny taste is back on my tongue though.  Not sure if that is good or bad?  Hoping perhaps prolong use will help to get my taste back.  I am using 750 mg of THC free CBD oil.  I use 5 drops in the morning, and 5 drops at night.  I place it under my tongue for 1-2 minutes, then swallow.  Today (01-23-19) I increased to 6 drops in the morning, and 6 drops at night.  I am hoping the increased dosage will help with my tongue.

I am not advocating people to go try this.  I just wanted to share my personal experience.  Perhaps it can help others who might want to give it a try.  If I'm correct, CBD oil is legal in all 50 states.  I will report back at a later date with any progress.

MarlaB:
Can I ask (or did I miss?) what state do you live in?

Airvtec:
I live in California.

JLR:
I too had severe pain on right side of face.  That was 5 years after radiation (CK). After a MRI it turned out to be Trigemial Neuraglia. Was in meds until that didn't work. 2 years ago I had surgery. Now I have a lot of complications.  Mostly synkensis.  I wonder if I tried that oil then would my surgery been cancelled.  My tumor was leaning on that TN nerve. Also one not heard of that oil. What exactly is it.  Continued good health and pain free to all my friends on this site.

Airvtec:
Hi JLR,
I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all that pain.  I am not sure if my facial nerve pain is trigeminal neuralgia.  But after searching online, it sounds like I might have a mild case of it.  CBD oil is derived from the cannabis plant.  It doesn't contain the psychoactive ingredient THC.  Search for CBD oil on the internet.  You should get a lot of information about it.  Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version