AN Community > AN Community

Hi folks...Newbie here having first MRI on Monday

<< < (2/2)

Sue:
Hi

I am so glad your ENT is following through with the MRI.  It took me a year to get the proper diagnosis, but my symptoms weren't as severe as  yours.  I didn't have the vertigo.  I could have diagnosed myself had I googled the correct terminology or list of symptoms. I only searched for tinnitus.  You did a much better job of being a detective than me!  I hope you don't have an AN, but if you do, this forum offers tremendous support and information.  I'm sure your ENT is ordering your MRI with contrast....that's important to be able to clearly see an Acoustic Neuroma.  Halfway through your MRI (they are very noisy, by the way, but you'll be given earplugs) you will be getting an injection of dye.  That's the "contrast".  Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Sue in Vancouver

erinchita:
I am having an MRI with contrast.  I will definitely write an update next week. 

I really appreciate everyone's responses--especially since an AN may not even be the case.

Obita:
Hi erinchita:

I hope you don't have an AN and you can get an accurate diagnosis soon.

If you are one in one hundred thousand people that are diagnosed with an AN per year, you came to the right place.  If I had paid any attention to "Acoustic Neuroma" while doing all the googling I did before diagnosis, I wouldn't have been as shocked as I was when my ENT called with the MRI results.  I knew all my symptoms suggested an AN but I would not even consider that it really might be one. 

There have been some people that have posted like you, had their MRI's and came back on one more time to say:  see ya.......it ain't an AN.  Hopefully you can write the same kind of note next week.

Best of luck,  Kathy

Battyp:
HI enrinchita...keep us posted on how you make out.  Hate to say it but you sound like where I was when mine was diagnosed.  I was diagnosed with the lab stuff (not sure how to spell it) and was told to wait a year it would go away...six months later I could hardly get out of bed from the exhaustion, hearing loss, and pressure in my head.  Only then did the ent do an mri and found the an was displacing my brain stem.  Sounds like they did a standard course of treatment with the prednisone but it's really better safe than sorry when it comes to the mri.  There have been a few on here who had similiar symtpoms, was told possible an, had the mri and nothing showed up.  Hard to not do but quit worrying it's not going to help.  Know we are here if you need to vent seek advice or get a hug after your get your results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version