General Category > AN Issues

Sad news

(1/2) > >>

Cheryl R:
 I belong to another AN site and we have been following a couple articles a lady from Jackson ,Mi wrote for the newspaper there where she was a reporter.      She had AN surgery last week and was doing well but then had seizures and died from a heart attack.      She was 49.    I do not know if she had any predispostion to seizures.                 Very sad!                   
      www.tinyurl.com/3dtcfk                      Cheryl R

ppearl214:
Cheryl,

I am stunned... absolutely stunned.  There was a follow up article showing a blood clot was the reason....

http://blog.mlive.com/citpat/

To Mary's family and friends and her colleagues at the Cit Patriot, my condolences to them all.

Phyl

Cheryl R:
Thank you for finding this followup.          I will post it on the the other site.
   Just heart breaking!                        Cheryl R

Brendalu:
Very sad.  My thoughts and prayers are with Mary's family and colleagues.
Brendalu

okiesandy:
I had read this lady's articals on the other site. I feel she was not fully informed as to her options. I think every one who read her articals thought she was juming into this treatment. When a man named Bob posted on this site that his wife died from a post surgery stroke I was in the process of getting ready to go to HEI for surgery. I did an about face and took a more optimistic outlook at radiation. I am in contact with a gentleman who does not post on any site that lost his brother after surgery for AN. When he talked to the doctor, the doctor said the surgery was a success and since his brother died 10 days later they must consider the surgery as successful. HUH? This statement does not make since to us either.

I feel so sorry for this lady and her family. This is a sad. Kind of makes us take a look at just how serious this AN thing is. I seldom think of mine anymore and now this brings back all of the confusion and frustration and fear that I remember when I was making a decision to have treatment, wait or what to have.

Sandy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version