General Category > Inquiries

No typical symptoms but have AN in one ear, now i cant function without steriods

(1/3) > >>

crystallady:
I have been recent diagnosed with AN in my right ear.  and all of a sudden, couple of days later, i cant function. I was mildly ill before with "allergie symptoms" but they weren't allergies.  It was because of the AN.  Now I am extremely tired, and cant do anything.  My doctor put me on steriods to help with the swelling in my head.  Without it, I bed ridden.  I feel like i have the flu.  Has anyone felt like this with AN?

tony:
Sorry to hear of your troubles
Its unlikely an AN growth will change things that much in just 72 hrs
- it can take a full year to grow 2mm in size
(larger ones on this list are 5-10 yrs old)
The steriods may help any local swelling/compression - that was already
happening.
Its more likely that the shock/reaction/terror ? of the diagnosis
(part of your inner mind thinks it might be curtains
- the term "brain tumour" itself is quite frightening)
When I first saw my MRI result - a small voice in the back of my said
"please come in number 32 - your time is up...."
I  dont think I really heard much of what the doc said
So the steriods maybe helping any anxiety you may have
In fact in a way its good news - you do have an answer now,
and a treatment plan can be worked out
I am sure others on this list will be happy to share
treatment options and outcomes etc
best regards
tony

nancyann:
Hi there -  the only symptoms I had was decreased hearing and tinnitus, other than that, I was good to go.   

Wishing you all the best, Nancy

Obita:
Hi Crystallady:

I did have very bad motion sickness for 5 days before I was diagnosed.  Dramamine helped that.  I thought I had the worst flu of my life.

Did they tell you how big your AN is?  Usually, the bigger they get, the more problems they cause.

Good luck,  Kathy

opalon:

--- Quote from: Obita on November 17, 2006, 05:53:12 am ---Hi Crystallady:

I did have very bad motion sickness for 5 days before I was diagnosed.  Dramamine helped that.  I thought I had the worst flu of my life.

Did they tell you how big your AN is?  Usually, the bigger they get, the more problems they cause.

Good luck,  Kathy

--- End quote ---
i agree , they aren't symptoms of AN but  only  anxiety for recent diagnosis( excuse my english , i 'm an italian general practioner with a new diagnosis of AN in my left ear :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version