Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

Gold Eyelid Weight Removal - How do you know???

<< < (2/2)

kkc:
Thanks for the response.  Actually I just saw my oculoplastic surgeon this week (11/14/17) to ask that very question.  He does not feel the weight is too heavy.  :(   Disappointing for sure.  I am experiencing the tiniest bit of movement above the eyebrow now, so I continue to hope for recovery.  Hope springs eternal!

wcarey13:
I am having same issues. I had a 3 mm accoustic neuroma remov removed 20 months ago. No feeling in total left side of my face from the incision forward, including my tongue and top of my mouth. Had 1 gram gold weight put in Feb 2017. I am now scheduled to have removed Jan 2018 due to droopy rye. When is it time to just quit and let nature take its course

kkc:
Thank you for responding.  I'm wondering how your eye is doing now that the weight it out.  I hope you can take a moment to let me know!

dsirucek:
I had Bell's Palsy Thanksgiving 2018. The right side of my face was impacted. I had 2 relapses within the first 3 months. I was wearing an eye guard since my right eye would not close. I had a sinus surgery in May 2019 and for some reason it seemed to have triggered a nerve or something, because the next day I was able to start moving my right eyelid. After a few days, I was able to close my eyelid about 1/3 of the way. I had a second sinus surgery in June 2019 and in the weeks after that my eyelid eventually was able to almost close.
After 2 1/2 years, there was a 3mm gap causing a dry strip to my corona which was degrading my vision. In 5/2021 I had a .8gram slim gold weight implanted in my right eyelid. My eyelid closes completely now. The cornea is healing.
However, like the other post I do have the same problem when sitting up working on the computer I find the eyelid slow closes and I realize I am working with one eye. I have force the eyelid open.
The eyelid stays open if I'm reclined or laying down no problem. Its only been 2 months, my next follow up is in 5 months, I am considering if the issue hasn't gotten easier when I'm working to ask the Dr. if we can replace the weight with a lighter weight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version