General Category > AN Issues

Swelling in the temple area

(1/2) > >>

Louzilla:
Hi everyone,
I had middle fossa surgery in December and I'm still experiencing swelling in the temple area.  I sent pictures of the area and sent them to my surgeon and he wasn't worried.  It goes up and down but never completely away.  I was hoping someone would know why this continues and if I should be concerned. 

Battyp:
Sorry I can't really help you on this as I had retro.  I was just wondering if you notice this when you are up right or doing certain activities vs at random.

Michelle

Louzilla:
Hi Michelle,  It swells more at the end of the day.  I guess I retain more fluid in my body as the day goes on.  It will go down if i work out and sweat.  Kind of weird.  With the middle fossa surgery they take out a small chunk of your scull at the temple, but I never asked if they put it back.  Ha  :D!  I asked about everything else but that!

Windsong:
hey Lou, HI,

glad to hear you are doing so well...

good to read your posts too....

I am a bit perplexed though about this  temple area and did you say that they took some bone out of there for some reason? the temple for me is up by the forehead? but the An is like halfway down? before you reach the chin..... maybe i misread something?

is this a new  way of treating Ans? i've never heard of temple bone being taken out so i thought maybe you could tell  us more about that...

i hope you are doing better now ... i know you were really happy about your post surgical recovery and getting on with things....

all the best and many good wishes,
windsong

Louzilla:
Hi Windsong,
With the middle fossa surgery they go in above the ear and retract the temporal lobe to reach the canal.  They have to take out a small part of the scull to retract the brain.  This gives them a straight shot down to the canal and a better chance of saving hearing.  Pretty wild thinking back on it now.  Very invasive but the up side is that I only had about 20% hearing loss and no facial paralysis.  My temple area on the side of the surgery now pushes out farther then the other. 

Thanks for the kind words.  I really came out of this really well, and besides some balance issues now and then I'm fine. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version