General Category > Hearing Issues

Tinnitus - after surgery - really?

<< < (3/3)

Jet747:
Gunns,

Nothing is guaranteed since our cases are all unique (that’s my legal disclaimer)...

The tinnitus didn't go away for me after my RS and radiation so I tried a product made by WidexUSA.  It is extremely small and discrete and I wear it in my surgery side ear.  It plays random tones all day and somehow this makes your brain not "hear" the tinnitus.  It isn't annoying and you can hear conversations just fine.  I've had it for about a 2 years now and I would say it's definitely worth trying if tinnitus is really bothering you.  They give you a 30 day money back guarantee so it might be worth a try.  It isn't a cure though.  Also, my insurance didn't cover it so it cost me $2,300.

Best of luck,  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!
Jet

joyoreilly:
My Tinnitus was loud and bothersome and just before surgery got a bit better and since surgery is either gone or volume is turned way down.

One thing that helped me when mine was loud was an app I downloaded on my cell called white noise
It has white noise sound that almost helps you to hear awhile instead of your loud ringing it helped anyway try it

Kjayhill:
I agree that this is a frustrating topic!   My surgeons had forewarned me that tinnitus is not removed with the AN.   It was still hard to handle that you are deaf and the sound is still there.
It was explained to me that it is your brain compensating for the hearing loss.    I have tried sound machines to help with the tinnititus.
I also have an Oticon Ponto BAHA and it seems to decrease it quite a lot.  Of course, you can't wear the BAHA 24/7 so it is present when the device is off.
Kathy

SET WE300B:
My tinnitus remained after a AN Gamma knife procedure as well. The tinnitus gets louder with exposure to high noise levels (factory) and takes a while to subside in the evening. Just like before. Sadly it also caused the ultimate rejection of a Transear device (which I loved) due to the tinnitus being stimulus induced. The tinnitus is only manifested in my effected ear and not at all in the good one. Go figure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version