General Category > Insurance

BCBS of Illinois and House Clinic

<< < (2/2)

Kate B:

--- Quote from: leapyrtwins on February 03, 2008, 12:27:43 pm ---Kate -

Chicago Ear does every kind of ear surgery imaginable - including those totally unrelated to ANs.   From what I know, they do perform middle fossa and are very experienced with it.  The doctors there are more than happy to give out their "numbers" for all types of surgery that they perform.

Jan

--- End quote ---

Jan,
Yes, I use Chicago Ear as my Chicago Doctors :).  I  know they are great doctors; Dr. Wiet is cited on page 107 of Chicago's Top Doctors. When I was diagnosed in 2001, the number of middle fossa surgeries were few in comparison to the other approaches.  I decided to go to California as a personal choice.

Kindest Regards,
Kate

LADavid:
Hi Steve
Wish I had known about this Board while I was going through the Insurnace maze.  I can't speak to Illinois but I can tell you that BCBS California covered everything at House and St Vincents except for a few co-pays.  I went through Slatery, Schwartz and Stephan with a 4 day stay at St Vincents.  That was 10 weeks ago and I haven't been billed anything.

When you see some of the numbers tossed out at you at House -- it does cause some concern.  I almost pulled the plug on my surgery because I wasn't getting any straight answers on insurance.  I did at the last minute and went ahead with the surgery.  Financially there was no issue.  Read some of the post-op posts though to realistically know what you may dealing with.  Have the surgery, but be informed.  Best wishes.

ppearl214:
Most acute care facilities have an affiliation/contracts with BCBS.... my understanding is... that regardless of HEI or MGH or other acute care facilities, they will negotiate directly between hospital and Insurance.... the key is... making sure your insurance will accept a facility that is out of your coverage (home) state as not all will... with HEI, seems to be common that they will cover, but other facilities may not be covered.  Please double check your individual coverage/benefits.

Phyl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version