Watch and Wait > For those in the 'watch and wait' status

3 neurosurgeons pressuring me to get CK during pandemic! 1 said I could wait 20.

<< < (3/4) > >>

ANSydney:
BigJoeBass48, it sounds like you've got time to check things. I would get at least 3 MRIs 6 months apart without contrast. Then check the size yourself. Your tumor may no longer be growing.

BigJoeBass48:
Thank you for this reply! I have not been on for awhile, I don't know how to post, I forgot.. I have been postponing CK since August of 2017 when my AN was 0.8. I wasn't even going to go this year (2021) because of the drama of the neurosurgeons insisting I need CK/surgery and I despise the claustrophobia of the MRI tunnel.

Now, I have no choice. I had my 3rd episode of VERTIGO on 2-1-2021, yesterday. I woke up at 4:30 am to use bathroom and was falling all over. I could not focus, some s.o.b.. I went back to bed, got up at 8:45am, vertigo was the same. Phenegren helped with nausea, I called ambulance who said my vitals were fine and told me to ride it out, don't go to ER, many covid people there. Today better, not out of woods yet, I was able to drive. I use Ofloxacin 0.3 for tinnitus, was working since 2017. But right ear gets plugged up quickly now and this Vertigo happens. Tiny bit of tinnitus in left ear, I don't medicate that ear.

I thought Vertigo was only the name of a good Hitchcock movie. It isn't, it is terrifying stuff. I know it is from the ear drops, but already surgeons and doctors say it is from the AN. I only postponed CK because of the Pandemic, I didn't want to be going to ER with facial pain and have the Covid docs curse me for not staying home.

ANSydney:
Do the neurosurgeons say that things will improve with CK?

BigJoeBass48:
I have spoken to my main neurosurgeon. He said that Vertigo is not indicative of AN tumors. So this makes me narrow it down to the Ofloxacin 0.3% ear drops. I used them almost 4 years, they really knock tinnitus down for me. My 5th MRI since 2017 is next week, I hate that claustrophobic tunnel. The neurosurgeon prescribed me Valium for next Vertigo attack, I have not taken yet because no attacks since 2-1-21.

BigJoeBass48:
Sydney, I have Kaiser HMO here in California. These CK surgeons are super pushy and always say "maybe" hearing can be partially saved. I feel like they are using me as a lab rat to "see what this does"... They never said until today that I have to drive 5 hours from where I live to this South San Francisco CK place where the team "zaps" my brain 3 times in 3 days, Kaiser supposedly partially re-imburses Hotel fees "maybe" which matters not if you are dead. Then they say I can just drive 5 hours home, no problem. Then 5-6 months later all the symptoms show and the lab rat expires? ewwwww! I've been reading all the posts about eye troubles, lost hearing, lost balance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version